Goals and Objectives
- To establish a centre in Tenerife that will be an international point of reference for biomedical research, with a remit to integrate scientific and technological advances as the basis of its productive strategy.
- To establish an international point of reference to advance our understanding of the interactions between human beings and their environment that provoke degenerative processes in either of these.
- To bring together biomedical researchers in Tenerife and to provide them with an optimal support network, in terms of infrastructure and resources, facilitating the creation of interdisciplinary groups that collaborate to resolve the outstanding problems related to biodegeneration.
- To become a centre that is attractive to researchers, both young scientists who have completed their postdoctoral training at state-of-the-art centres around the world, as well as established and internationally recognized researchers.
- To establish a centre for advanced biotechnological development capable of undertaking basic and applied research aimed at responding to the demands of society, both in terms of improving our citizen’s quality of life and generating solutions to health problems, making new discoveries and designing affordable innovations. In this respect, collaborations with other institutions and companies to develop applications aimed at solving specific problems will be a priority.
- To constitute a specialist training centre, in collaboration with the relevant academic and health institutions, to train professionals in the field of biotechnology and biomedical engineering.
- To contribute to the dissemination of scientific knowledge in the field of biomedicine, thereby advancing the culture of biomedicine at all social levels across the Canary Islands.